Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why choose Miami Dade Technical Centers?
- Certification and licensure programs
- Certified Instructors
- Low cost tuition
- Day and evening classes
- Multiple locations
- Financial aid available to those who qualify (must speak with a
financial aid officer at the site)
- Apprenticeship programs available
2. What do I need to register?
- Two forms of Identification; one must be a picture id and the
other to establish that you live in the State of Florida.
- Apprentices must coordinate through the local union
3. Are these classes accredited?
- Yes, by the Counsel on Occupational Education (COE).
4. Where are the schools located?
- Training is provided in 21 locations throughout the county.
5. When do classes start?
- Academic Calendar
- However, there is open entry for most programs
6. Do I need a high school diploma or GED to register?
- Only certain programs require a high school diploma or GED. Contact
the counselor at the school you wish to attend for more information.
- If you do not have a high school diploma we provide classes that
will help you get one. We also offer GED prep classes as well.
7. Do you have classes online?
- Vocational classes are NOT offered online.
8. What is the age requirement to enroll?
- Minimum of 16 years of age with parent consent, not currently enrolled in high school.
9. What types of programs do you offer?
10. How do I register?
- Contact the counselor at the school you choose to attend.