Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Program / Course
Necessary elements for survival in a civilized world.
The Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, and Heating Technology program provides students with the technical knowledge and skills needed for employment in the industry. Instruction includes a combination of classroom theory and practical experiences. Some of the topics covered in the program include tools, equipment, brazing, basic electricity, compressors, troubleshooting, and installation of a basic system. A vocational certificate is issued upon successful completion of this 1,350-hour program.
- Commercial Service Technician
- Marine Air Conditioning Technician
- Refrigeration Technician
- Parts and Equipment
Employment in the air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating field is projected to increase 14% from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average occupations. Upon obtaining a state vocational certificate and continued training, placement opportunities in a professional position in the air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating field is enhanced.
The average wage for Air Conditioning Mechanics is $19.31 hourly or $40,160 annually.
Location and Hours:
- The English Center (Certificate – 750 Hours) (Level 1)
- Lindsey Hopkins Technical College (Certificate – 1350 Hours)
- Miami Lakes Educational Center & Technical College (Certificate – 750 Hours) (Level 1)
- Robert Morgan Educational Center & Technical College (Certificate – 1350 Hours)
- South Dade Technical College (Certificate – 1350 Hours)