Digital Media/ Multimedia Design Program / Course
Bring life to the world around you through color and design.
This program provides technical skill proficiency and includes competency-based applied learning that contributes to the academic knowledge, higher-order reasoning and problem-solving skills, work attitudes, general employability skills, technical skills, and occupation-specific skills, and knowledge of all aspects of the Arts A/V Technology and Communication career cluster.
- Create graphics and animation using software and illustrations
- Work with a team of animators and artists to create a movie, game, or visual effect
- Research projects to help create realistic designs or animations
- Develop storyboards that map out key scenes in animations
- Edit animations and effects on the basis of feedback from directors, other animators, game designers, or clients
- Meet with clients, other animators, games designers, directors, and other staff to review deadlines and development time lines
- Art Directors
- Craft and Fine Artists
- 3D Animators
Employment of digital media/multimedia designers is expected to grow 7% through the year 2024. Projected growth will be due to increased demand for animation and visual effects in video games, movies, and television.
The average wage for this career is $29.50 hourly and $61,370 annually.
Location and Hours:
- The English Center (Certificate – 1050 Hours)
- Robert Morgan Educational Center & Technical College (Certificate – 1050 Hours)