Braman Automotive Training Center Program (305) 376-0522
Call (305) 376-0522
An Exciting, Fast-Paced and Rewarding Career.
Today, automotive technicians use computers and scanners to help diagnose problems in cars. Our Automotive Service Technology Program provides 1,800 hours of training in areas of automotive specialization. In addition, a paid internship provides students with real world, hands-on experience alongside dealership technicians in the Service Department, Parts Department and Body Shop at Braman Miami. This discipline is taught by ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certified instructors and allows students who complete specific course work to be qualified for employment or additional specialized training.
- Light Duty Service Assistant
- Engine Performance/Repair Technician
- Electrical/Electronic System Technician
- Brake System Technician
- Steering, Suspension and Alignment Technician
- Automatic & Manual DriveTrain Technician or Trans-Axle Technician
- Heating & Air Conditioning Technician
- Automotive Parts Specialist
- Body Shop Specialist/Technician
- Service Manager
- Shop Owner/Operator
Automotive technicians can work for a dealership, an independent shop, or open their own shop. At the dealership level, opportunities are available for shop foremen, service advisors, or service managers.
The average hourly wage and salary earnings for automotive service technicians and mechanics, including commission are $17.00 per hour. Master-level technicians can earn between $24.04 and $38.46 per hour.
Location and Hours:
- Lindsey Hopkins Technical College (Certificate – 1800 Hours)