Digital Media/ Multimedia Design Program
Bring life to the world around you through color and design.
This program provides technical skill proficiency and includes competency-based applied learning that contributes to the academic knowledge, higher-order reasoning and problem-solving skills, work attitudes, general employability skills, technical skills, and occupation-specific skills, and knowledge of all aspects of the Arts A/V Technology and Communication career cluster.
- Create graphics and animation using software and illustrations
- Work with a team of animators and artists to create a movie, game, or visual effect
- Research projects to help create realistic designs or animations
- Develop storyboards that map out key scenes in animations
- Edit animations and effects on the basis of feedback from directors, other animators, game designers, or clients
- Meet with clients, other animators, games designers, directors, and other staff to review deadlines and development timelines
- Art Directors
- Craft and Fine Artists
- 3D Animators
- Multimedia Artists
- Web Developers
- Graphic Designers
Employment of multimedia artists and animators is projected to grow 8% from 2016 to 2026. Projected growth will be due to increased demand for animation and visual effects in video games, movies, and television.
The average wage for this career in Florida is $28.11 hourly or $58,470 annually.
The entire program is 1050 hours, but students can earn a certificate at the completion of the following OCPs:
|OCP A||Theory and Foundations of Design||150 Hours|
|OCP B||Multimedia Digital/Print Designer||300 Hours|
|OCP C||Multimedia Web Interactive Designer||300 Hours|
|OCP D||Multimedia Integrated Producer Designer||300 Hours|
|Total Hours: 1050|
Location & Schedule:
This program offers practical experiences in web page design, interactive presentation development, testing, and production. Digital Media/ Multimedia Design is available at the following school (s):
|The English Center||Monday – Thursday from 6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.|
Contact Information at the Location:
Additional information can be provided by student services:
|LOCATION||COUNSELOR / REGISTRAR||PHONE NUMBER|
|The English Center
|Ext. 2708 (Afternoon)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Multimedia Artists and Animators,
on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/arts-and-design/multimedia-artists-and-animators.htm.