Electronic Systems Technician
A field that is diverse and on the cutting edge.
Remarkable advances in electronic technology over the last few decades have created a world in which computers and sophisticated electronic devices are used on a daily basis. Electronic technicians are involved in repair and maintenance of communication systems, computer circuits, industrial electronic, automation, fiber optics, and laser technology.
- Audio Technician
- Biomedical Electronic Technician
- Computer Repair Technician
- Digital Equipment Repair Technician
- Electronic Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technicians
Employment of electronic technicians is projected to grow 2% from 2020 to 2030.
The average wage for this career in Florida is $29.82 hourly or $62,020 annually.
The entire program is 1400 hours. Students can earn a certificate at the completion of the following Occupational Completion Points (OCPs):
|OCP A||Electronics Assembler & DC Technician||150 hours|
|OCP B||Electronic Digital and Microprocessor Technician||150 hours|
|OCP C||Electronic AC Technician||150 hours|
|OCP D||Electronic Solid-State and Analog Technician||150 hours
|OCP E||Electronic Systems and Equipment Technician||300 hours
|Total Hours: 900|
Location & Course’s Schedule:
Electronic Technology is available at the following school (s):
|Miami Lakes Educational Center & Technical College||Monday - Friday from 7:20 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.|
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Contact Information at the Location:
Additional information can be provided by student services:
|LOCATION||COUNSELOR / REGISTRAR||PHONE NUMBER|
|Miami Lakes Educational Center & Technical College|
- Glassdoor, Salaries, Network Systems Administrator Salaries in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL Area, on the Internet at https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/miami-electronics-technician-salary-SRCH_IL.0,5_IM558_KO6,28.htm.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/electrical-and-electronics-engineering-technicians.htm.